The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has said some parts of the country will record thundershowers and localized heavy rains in the coming days. In a weather report and forecast seen by Pindula News, MSD said another cloud band moving eastwards into the country from Botswana. Reads a report and forecast for the period 05 to 07 November 2022:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 05 NOVEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 07 NOVEMBER 2022.
The moist and unstable atmospheric conditions over the country resulted in afternoon and evening thunderstorms in most areas yesterday. Heavier falls (exceeding 20mm) were in areas along and to the north of the watershed. The noteworthy falls measured this morning were the following: 50mm (Plumtree), 41mm (Kariba), 33mm (Chivhu), 31mm (Kwekwe), 23mm (Kadoma), 21mm (Lupane) and 20mm for both Zvishavane and Gweru. This morning, it was raining in parts of Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central, Mashonaland East and Harare Metropolitan including Manicaland up to mid-day.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SUNDAY 06 NOVEMBER 2022
It should be cloudy in all areas with rain showers which could be thundery in places. Localized heavy falls remain probable in areas along and north of the watershed. In the morning, it is expected to be mild, becoming warm in the afternoon.
• Lightning strikes are a major risk during this period, all areas have a potential risk for lightning strikes
• The atmosphere is conducive to localized hailstorms and strong winds.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• If caught in the open, please avoid sheltering under isolated trees or in isolated sheds as these tend to be natural lightning conductors.
• When a thunderstorm threatens, get inside a home or large building, please secure rooftops and any loose objects that might be blown away by the wind.
• In case of hailstorms, please be indoors during thunderstorms.
• Where possible, install lightning conductors on buildings.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR MONDAY 07 NOVEMBER 2022
Cloudy and warm conditions with scattered thunderstorms are expected countrywide with localized heavy rainfalls along the main watershed and Matabeleland North. It should mild both in the morning and evening.
Source link : https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMieWh0dHBzOi8vbmV3cy5waW5kdWxhLmNvLnp3LzIwMjIvMTEvMDUvemltYmFid2Utd2VhdGhlci1yZXBvcnQtYW5kLWZvcmVjYXN0LXRodW5kZXJ5LXJhaW4tc2hvd2Vycy1leHBlY3RlZC0wNS0wNy1ub3YtMjAyMi_SAQA?oc=5
Publish date : 2022-11-05 16:46:19